August 19, 2013

If You Can't Handle the Heat...

This weekend I definitely stayed busy - between mommying, running, sewing, and canning I don't think I could have done another thing...well cleaning should have been 3rd on the list, and tonight the floors will at least be hand mopped because after all this tomato squeezing our kitchen may look more like a butcher shop! At one point I looked down and poor Henry had tomato juice on his little head and Myla was digging out tomato skins from the trash can.

Last weekend a sweet cousin helped me make salsa and we tried a mango salsa and it was okay, but not great. It had quite a kick with some homegrown habanero peppers and sweet cucumbers from the garden. I liked it, but Adam not so much. We both thought peach salsa would be good, so this is the recipe I kind of followed (here). I also made regular salsa, which I just threw together using tomatoes, green/red peppers, onion, jalepenos, cilantro, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Needless to say, I think we are salsa fulfilled for the next year. After I finished canning all this, I went out to the garden and brought in about 25 more tomatoes and a bowl of green beans. This little garden of ours has been great this year. Already looking forward to next year and the possibility of making it bigger!

Peace and Fluf

No comments:

Post a Comment